Updates have been hard for me lately. I’ve been dealing with some things to work through as of lately. I am pleased that the finished pile is getting larger, but the six items have been there for a while and I just need to do them. DO THE THINGS. (but also, reminding myself to be gentle with myself, because holy hell, it’s been a rough month already.)
Things still to accomplish.
- Lined Skjoldehamn hood (Have cut out the wool and am working on getting it lined and assembled.)
- Cutting out several Byzantine bone box blanks in preparation for turning into Byzantine box icons. (It’s been. . . warm. It means that I don’t want to be outside cutting bone with a Dremel because it’s uncomfortably warm outside. And stagnant summer air is awful.)
- Sewing up Byzantine boy garb (PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS! I have wool, but I really want something a wee bit lighter for the summer, so . . . waiting to get more linen. Also just purchased a bit of wool for pants because pants and it was a screaming good deal on wool.)
- Thaddeus’ Achievement of Arms (purchased more perg and some Tresser’s Pink Stuff from John Neal Books. Have started work on layout. I just need to be disciplined and get this done.)
- Creating four Byzantine peerage ceremonies (I’m picking through rather slowly. There’s a lot of information. De Ceremoniis is a doorstop of a book!)
- Found a second Skjoldehamn hood in my projects that just needs to be hemmed. Not sure what will happen to it, but argh, craft stash.
Things I’ve gotten accomplished!
- Painting Aed’s shield.
- Secret project scroll #1 (known now as Sir Gawayne’s Augmentation scroll)
- Nobelese Largesse Secret Project (blogged about here)
- Mar’s Quilt block (which has been presented and photos can be found on facebook)
- Wrote Pelican scroll text for Jaida de Leon
- New Baronial A&S Champions traveling trophy. (I do want to do some clean-up work on this particular piece so that it’s more comfortable to wear.)
- A whole slew of Facebook frames for at least five kingdoms and one principality.(while not a period art, it is a service and probably something I should post.)
- Baronial preprints. (I’ve honestly lost track of how many I’ve done for the barony. It’s also a blast to work with others on this, too.)
- A bunch of preprints for TRM Ashir and Ashland to use. And the preprint workshop at Valor helped Their Majesties out, too. I may have to hold more of these in the future.
- Baronial roll of arms project. (this is honestly an ongoing project, but it’s fun to see how far it’s come in the years we’ve worked on it. We’re up to 86 completed banners.)
- Camp banners for Valor.
- Creating handouts for Valor’s classes.
- Banner for KWHSS.
- Nikolai’s Herald Extraordinary Scroll (formerly known as Secret Project Scroll #2)
- Imperial Roman clothes and jewellery (I just need actual full-length photos of it)
- A bunch of preprints for TRM Xerxis and BelAnna (OMG, SO SHINY.)
- A YouTube video (which was from a FB live session) on shading.
- Painted Dirik von Rosswald’s shield for his upcoming knighting.
- Making more casual Byzantine clothing (Finished with the Imperial Roman garb part of it. It’s starting life as Imperial Roman, and then will be cannibalized for something 4th c. as a part of Operation Cooler Summers.) It’s going here because it actually got finished as part of the process.
- Eynon’s Boga Hirth Scroll, formerly known as Secret Project scroll #3 (text, calligraphy, and art)